★★★★★ 1 vote5
1.5 cgraham cracker crumbs
1/3 cbutter, melted
1/2 cfinely chopped pecans
3 pkgcream cheese, 8 ounces each, softened
28 ounce cartons sour cream
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 tspbutter flavoring
1 cpecans, fine chopped, toasted
How to Make Butter Pecan Cheesecake
- Combine cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup sugar, butter and 1/2 cup pecans, mixing well.
- Reserve 1/3 cup mixture; firmly press remaining mixture on bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add 1 1/2 cup sugar, mixing well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add sour cream and flavorings; mix well.
- Stir in 1 cup pecans.
- Spoon into prepared pan; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 10 minutes; reduce temperature to 300 degrees, and bake an additional 50 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature on a wire rack; chill.
- Yields one 9-inch cheesecake.