BUTTER PECAN CAKE WITH APRICOTS
Try it; you won't be disappointed. Our friends loved it and I was asked to share the recipe with several of them.
- 1 box
- betty crocker super moist butter pecan cake mix
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 can(s)
- (15 1/2 oz.) apricot halves, drained and chopped
- 3/4 c
- apricot preserves
- 12 oz. container betty crocker whipped whipped cream frosting
- pecan halves
How to Make BUTTER PECAN CAKE WITH APRICOTS
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. (325 degrees for dark or non-stick pan). Grease bottom only of a 9 x 13 pan with shortening or cooking spray. I use Pam Baking Spray.
- 2In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and chopped apricots with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- 3Bake 37 - 43 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- 4Spread apricot preserves evenly over top of cake. Spread frosting over preserves. Garnish with pecan halves. Store at room temp, loosely covered.