☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2-3/4 cchopped pecans
1-1/4 dash(es)soft butter cut in pieces
3 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 can(s)vanilla frosting
How to Make BUTTER PECAN CAKE
- Place pecans and 1/4 cup butter in a baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in 1-1/3 cups of toasted pecans.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Stir in remaining toasted pecans into a can of vanilla frosting. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.