Butter Cream Cake
This cakes freezes well with the filling.
- 1/2 c
- butter, room temperature
- 1 c
- 2 large
- eggs, separated
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 c
- coffee butter cream frosting
- powdered sugar ; sifted
How to Make Butter Cream Cake
- 1In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and the sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed , until very light and fluffy.
- 2Add egg yolks ( one at a time ) beating well after each one ,add the vanilla.
- 3Sift together the cake flour and the baking powder.
- 4Alternately add the flour and then the milk to the butter and sugar mixture ; ending with the flour. Beat well after each addition.
- 5Beat the egg whites until stiff and then FOLD into the batter.
- 6Grease and flour a 10x6" baking dish ; Pour in the batter.Bake @ 350° for 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- 7When completely cool , then Cut cake in half length wise.