Butter Cream Cake
This cakes freezes well with the filling.
1/2 cbutter, room temperature
2 largeeggs, separated
2 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 ccake flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
·coffee butter cream frosting
·powdered sugar ; sifted
How to Make Butter Cream Cake
- In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and the sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed , until very light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks ( one at a time ) beating well after each one ,add the vanilla.
- Sift together the cake flour and the baking powder.
- Alternately add the flour and then the milk to the butter and sugar mixture ; ending with the flour. Beat well after each addition.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and then FOLD into the batter.
- Grease and flour a 10x6" baking dish ; Pour in the batter.Bake @ 350° for 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- When completely cool , then Cut cake in half length wise.