Busy Day Cake
It is so simple and delicious, almost as easy as making a cake from a box, but with that happy satisfaction that you made it yourself.
Because there are apparently people here complaining about "copying" recipes from the internet, here is the link to where I originally posted this recipe on my blog. kizzthecook.blogspot.com/...ake.html
How to Make Busy Day Cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place shortening in a mixing bowl and add sugar, egg and vanilla, mix until moistened.
- Gradually add flour and milk at the same time. If desired, add the extra milk and blueberries as well. Mix until well incorporated.
- Bake in a greased 9x9x2 baking pan for about 25 minutes.
- This cake is yummy on its own. We would typically have it with whipped cream and berries.
- If you do not have self rising flour, you can make your own, just sift together flour with 1 tsp baking powder per 1 cup of flour.