- 1 box
- box betty crocker® supermoist® cake mix (any flavor)
- water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- container betty crocker® whipped fluffy white or vanilla frosting
- assorted gumdrops betty crocker® fruit by the foot® chewy fruit snack rolls (any variety)
- tube (0.68 oz) betty crocker® black decorating gel
How to Make bug cupcakes
- 11. 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Make and cool cake as directed on box for 24 cupcakes.
2. 2 Frost cupcakes. Decorate with whole or cut-up gumdrops, cut-up or thinly rolled fruit snacks and gel to look like ladybugs, bumblebees, butterflies, caterpillars and beetles.
- 2If you have only one 12-cup muffin pan, cover and refrigerate the rest of the batter while baking the first batch. Then bake the rest of the batter in the cooled muffin pan, adding 1 or 2 minutes to the bake time.
When cutting gumdrops, dip knife or kitchen scissors into water to keep from sticking.
Look for paper baking cups in festive colors and special designs at your supermarket, party store or paper warehouse.