- 1 1/4 c
- 6 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- packets (1 oz each) unsweetend pre-melted chocolate
- 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 c
- creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c
- butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp
- 3/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 2 c
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 c
- peanut butter & milk chocolate chips
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
How to Make Buckeye Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350'. Grease 9 inch cake pan. Line with parchment paper, grease paper.
- 2For Cake: Combine eggs and sugar in large bowl with a whisk. Stir in flour, melted butter, premelted unsweetened chocolate, vanilla and salt.
- 3Bake for 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the middle comes clean.Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of cake: cool for additional 10 minutes.
- 4Invert cake onto serving platter. Remove parchment: cool completely.
- 5Beat peanut butter, butter & vanilla until combined.
Graually beat in powdered sugar.Spread mixture on cake. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 6Make Ganache: Heat cream in small saucepan to boiling. REmove from heat. Add chocolate chips and whisk until melted and smooth. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 7Spread chocolate on top and sides of cake.
- 8Make Drizzle: Melt chocolate peanut butter chips in microwave for 30 seconds, stir, if needed microwave in 10 second intervals until melted. Spoon into a small baggie and cut a small corner. Drizzle over cake
- 9Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.