Brownies with Goat's Milk Butter!
Upon tasting it on bread, we all decided it might be better used for baking. It has a distinctive flavor.
Well, you can't ruin brownies, can you? I don't know about that - the flavor of the butter still comes through. It will be interesting to see how long these brownies hang around (or how fast they don't disappear)!
But the recipe works well - if you make them, perhaps you'd like to use sweet cream butter from cow's milk.
1/2 cgoat's milk butter
1 cpowdered cocoa
1 1/2 csugar
1/2 cpastry flour
1/2 cwhole wheat flour
1 cbroken nutmeats (i used walnuts)
How to Make Brownies with Goat's Milk Butter!
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe dish. Stir in cocoa powder until blended. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat eggs until light and foamy. Beat in Sugar and vanilla. Stir in the melted butter and cocoa until uniform in color.
- Stir in flours and salt until well-blended. Then fold in nutmeats. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven to rack to cool. May cut into 16 squares while still slightly warm.