Brown Sugar Pumpkin Cheese Cake W/ Chocolate Short Bread Crust
★★★☆☆ 2 votes3
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 10 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted and sliced thin & soft
- 1/2 c
- plus...2 tablespoon confectioner's sugar
- egg yokes
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 c
- plain flour
- 2 tsp
- pumpkin pie spices
- 2 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 15 ounce can 100% pumpkin, no pie filling
- 8 oz cream cheese @ room temperature
- 1 3/4 c
- dark brown sugar
How to Make Brown Sugar Pumpkin Cheese Cake W/ Chocolate Short Bread Crust
- 1FOR CRUST:Put powdered sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl; beat together until combined. Add egg yokes and vanilla, beat well. Add flour, coca powder and salt, beat well, it will kind of feel like play dough. Grease a nine inch spring form pan with butter on bottom and up sides. Plop the dough into bottom of spring form pan. With hands, press the dough down so it will line the bottom and sides of pan to with in 1/2 inch of top. Work with hands to make this crust dough even in thickness all over the area. When this is completed, prick several places on bottom with a fork. Place into a pre heated oven at 350 degrees F. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are beginning to turn brown.
- 2When crust is done, take the pan from oven and place on a wire rack, cool to room temperature.
- 3FILLING: Pre heat oven again to 325 degrees F. If you have left oven on be sure to lower the temperature.
- 4Put the 24 Oz of Softened Cream Cheese in a large mixing bowl, beat it well to break it up. Add the brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Crack eggs into a small bowl then add them all at one time to mixture. Now beat really well !!Add Vanilla and beat well again. Add the pumpkin and continue to beat well until filling is thick and creamy. Toss in flour and pumpkin spice, beat gently to combine.
- 5Pour filling into cooled crust, you may have some filling left over so pour slowly. Make sure you do not fill above top of crust.
- 6Place in oven and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes. It will be done when it looks set and the center will jiggle a little. Turn oven off when done but crack oven door 4 to 5 inches. Leave pie in oven for 30 more minutes.
- 7Expect the cheese cake to still crack on the top. Gently remove it from oven,finish cooling to room temperature on rack.
- 8Chill in refrigerator for 6 hours. Spread a thin layer of cook whip on top and sprinkle toasted pecan over cook whip. Slice and enjoy. This should be made a day before serving and the cook whip and pecan should be added at serving time.