Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Glaze
How to Make Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Glaze
- 1Grease and flour a Bundt cake pan or tube cake pan. Heat oven to 325°.
- 2Cream sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at time, beating well after each addition.Beat in vanilla.
- 3Sift together the cake flour and salt.
- 4In a cup combine the sour cream and baking soda
- 5Blend dry ingredients into the creamed mixture a little at a time, alternating additions with the sour cream and baking soda mixture, ending with the flour mixture.
- 6Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a cake tester or wooden pick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake. Cool in pan on rack for 10-15 minutes, invert onto plate and let cool completely.
- 7dust with powdered sugar or top with Glaze
- 8Brown sugar Glaze. 1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup white granulated sugar
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 tsp of vanilla
combine the first four ingredients, in a heavy sauce pan, over med heat bring to a boil stirring constantly, boil 1 minute remove from heat and stir in vanilla.