Bottoms Up Cake
This is a recipe I found on a can of Pillsbury Frosting 30 years ago. I baked it up until 10 years ago when I lost the recipe which I recently found. You can use whatever cake mix and frosting brand you want, just get the correct flavors.
- pillsbury ready to spread chocolate fudge frosting supreme
- 1 c
- chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 jar(s)
- caramel ice cream topping (optional)
- 1 pkg
- pillsbury plus (or your choice of brands) devil's food cake mix
- 1 1/4 c
- 3/4 c
How to Make Bottoms Up Cake
- 1Heat oven to 350 F.
- 2Grease and flour 13 x 9 inch pan. (I spray my pan with Baker's Joy instead; it is a vegetable oil spray with flour.)
- 3Spread frosting into the bottom of prepared pan.
- 4Sprinkle nuts over frosting. At this point I add some Caramel Ice Cream topping; the Caramel and Fudge are great together.
- 5In large bowl, blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs until moistened.
Beat 2 minutes at highest speed.
Pour batter over frosting in pan.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Immediately invert pan onto serving plate.
- 8Serve warm or cool. Makes 12 servings
- 9HIGH ALLTITUDE - Above 3500 feet.
Add 1/4 cup flour to dry cake mix. Increase water to 1-1/3 cups.
Bake at 375o F. for 40 to 45 minutes