Bottoms Up Cake
This is a recipe I found on a can of Pillsbury Frosting 30 years ago. I baked it up until 10 years ago when I lost the recipe which I recently found. You can use whatever cake mix and frosting brand you want, just get the correct flavors.
can(s)pillsbury ready to spread chocolate fudge frosting supreme
1 cchopped walnuts or pecans
1 jar(s)caramel ice cream topping (optional)
1 pkgpillsbury plus (or your choice of brands) devil's food cake mix
1 1/4 cwater
How to Make Bottoms Up Cake
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour 13 x 9 inch pan. (I spray my pan with Baker's Joy instead; it is a vegetable oil spray with flour.)
- Spread frosting into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Sprinkle nuts over frosting. At this point I add some Caramel Ice Cream topping; the Caramel and Fudge are great together.
- In large bowl, blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs until moistened.
Beat 2 minutes at highest speed.
Pour batter over frosting in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately invert pan onto serving plate.
- Serve warm or cool. Makes 12 servings
- HIGH ALLTITUDE - Above 3500 feet.
Add 1/4 cup flour to dry cake mix. Increase water to 1-1/3 cups.
Bake at 375o F. for 40 to 45 minutes