Boterkoek (Dutch Pastry - "Butter Cake")
How to Make Boterkoek (Dutch Pastry - "Butter Cake")
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Combine flour, butter, sugar and salt to form course mixture. Note: if you can't find basterd sugar, combine 1/4 cup brown sugar with 1/4 cup fine white sugar. Work the almond paste evenly into the coarse pastry mixture.
- 3Lightly grease cake pan or spring form. Press pastry mixture firmly into pan.
- 4Add a little water and sugar to the egg yolk and brush the pastry.
- 5Bake at 325 degrees until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let cool, then cut in small, pie shaped wedges. Serve room temperature.