BONNIE'S RUBY RED (cherry cheesecake)
- box of graham crackers (1 pound box)
- stick of real butter
- packages cream cheese softened
- cup powdered sugar
- cans of comstock ruby red cherry pie filling
- small container cool whip
How to Make BONNIE'S RUBY RED (cherry cheesecake)
- 1Soften the packages of cream cheese to room temperature before you begin.
- 2You will need two bowls: A large one you are going to serve the pie in--I use a pyrex bowl. This will hold the crust. A medium size bowl to mix the filling.
- 3In the large bowl, crush the graham crackers, melt one stick of butter and pour over the crackers. Press this mixture in bottom of bowl and up the sides to make a crust.
- 4In the medium bowl, place the 2 packages of cream cheese, less than 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, and the small container of cool whip. More cool whip tastes better! Mix well.
- 5Spoon the mixture in the medium bowl into the crust in the large bowl. Top with the 2 cans of Ruby Red Cherry Pie Filling by Comstock. I use this brand because it is really red, the cherries are huge and the filling is perfect. Refrigerate this dish overnight covered with saran wrap. You will be tempted to eat it right away, but know that it tastes better if it sets overnight. Enjoy!