BONNIE'S NUTTY POPCORN CAKE
1package popcorn (4 quarts, 16 cups) plain, unsalted, unbuttered popped popcorn )
1package small gum drops, no licorice, or gummi bears
1cup brazil nuts, whole
1cup pecans, halved
1cup walnuts coarse chopped
1/2cup white corn syrup
1pound marshmallows (mini or regular)
How to Make BONNIE'S NUTTY POPCORN CAKE
- Grease a large tube or angel food pan, or a bundt cake pan with 2 teaspoons of the oil. (I prefer the angel food pan) Set aside.
Pop the corn, don't use microwave corn. Exclude in unpopped kernels.
In a large bowl, mix the popped corn with the gummi bears or gum drops, and the nuts and set aside.
- In a large buttered bowl, mix the popcorn, gum drops or gummi bears, brazil nuts, pecans and walnuts.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, corn syrup, and the marshmallows over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. When melted, pour marshmallow mixture over the popcorn mixture. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared cake pan. Using your hands or the back of a spoon, press firmly so that the mixture is compacted.
- Cover with aluminum foil to keep moist. Let sit for about 3 to 4 hours, or until firm and set. Enjoy!
- To serve, invert the cake pan onto a large plate or platter. Shake gently to release the cake. Serve at room temperature.
YIELD: 1 cake, serving 12 to 16