How to Make Boiled Raisin Cake
- 1Cover raisins with water. Bring to boil and simmer 20 minutes. Drain raisins and reserve one cup liquid. Let cool
- 2Sift together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- 3Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.Fold raisins into batter.
- 4Blend in flour mixture alternately with raisin liquid into butter/sugar mixture,beating well after each addition.
- 5Spread into greased and floured 9 by 13 baking pan. Bake 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes. Cool in pan and ice with your favorite topping