Bob Sykes "perfectly chocolate" chocolate cake
Patsi Burgess Klein
1 3/4 call-purpose flour
3/4 chershey's cocoa
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 cvegetable oil
2 tspvanilla extract
1 cboiling water
How to Make Bob Sykes "perfectly chocolate" chocolate cake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9" round cake pans. ( I used 9x13 pan.)
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in mixer bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water(batter will be thin).
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Frost.
- " perfectly chocolate " chocolate frosting
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine(melted)
- 2/3 cup hershey's cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add melted butter to mixer bowl, stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency.
- Add small amount of additional milk , if needed.
- Stir in vanilla.