Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
This recipe really fills up a standard bundt pan...so what I do is use a bundt pan and a loaf pan, so I get two cakes. I freeze the loaf cake or give it as a gift. Or, you can just make one huge cake!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 call purpose flour
2 stickbutter, softened
3 tsplemon extract
1/4 tspbaking soda
8 ozsour cream
·lemon zest, grated from 1 lemon
1 1/2 cblueberries, fresh or frozen (optional)
1 cpowdered sugar
·lemon juice to taste
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare your pan(s) with grease and flour. I use the spray can "Joy".
- Sift flour and baking soda in a bowl and swet aside.
- Mix softened butter and sugar in mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add flour to sugar/butter alternately with eggs, adding the eggs one at a time and beating until blended.
- Add sour cream and lemon extract and mix until smooth and creamy. Add zest from a lemon and mix briefly.
- Add the blueberries and stir gently.
- If using a loaf pan, it should bake for about 35 mins.... the bundt pan will take about an hour.. If using all the batter in a bundt pan, it will take up to 1 hr 30 mins.
Allow cake to cool about 10 minutes and remove from pan. Put Lemon Glaze on cake while it is still hot.
- LEMON GLAZE: melt 2 TB butter in a small bowl and add about a cup of powdered sugar. Whisk it together and add your lemon juice. Then pour over the cake(s) while they are still hot.