Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
This recipe really fills up a standard bundt pan...so what I do is use a bundt pan and a loaf pan, so I get two cakes. I freeze the loaf cake or give it as a gift. Or, you can just make one huge cake!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 3 c
- 2 stick
- butter, softened
- 3 tsp
- lemon extract
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- lemon zest, grated from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 c
- blueberries, fresh or frozen (optional)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- lemon juice to taste
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare your pan(s) with grease and flour. I use the spray can "Joy".
- 2Sift flour and baking soda in a bowl and swet aside.
- 3Mix softened butter and sugar in mixing bowl until smooth.
- 4Add flour to sugar/butter alternately with eggs, adding the eggs one at a time and beating until blended.
- 5Add sour cream and lemon extract and mix until smooth and creamy. Add zest from a lemon and mix briefly.
- 6Add the blueberries and stir gently.
- 7If using a loaf pan, it should bake for about 35 mins.... the bundt pan will take about an hour.. If using all the batter in a bundt pan, it will take up to 1 hr 30 mins.
Allow cake to cool about 10 minutes and remove from pan. Put Lemon Glaze on cake while it is still hot.
- 8LEMON GLAZE: melt 2 TB butter in a small bowl and add about a cup of powdered sugar. Whisk it together and add your lemon juice. Then pour over the cake(s) while they are still hot.