Blueberry Cake (Esther Lund)
How to Make Blueberry Cake (Esther Lund)
- In a bowl, mix egg, sugar, shortening, and molasses.
In another bowl, dissolve baking soda into hot water; add salt and mix well. Add to the sugar mixture.
- Toss the blueberries in a few teaspoons of the flour; this will help them float in the batter.
- Add flour to the mixture (not sifted; a little more flour may be added to thicken to cake consistency). Fold the berries coated with flour into the cake mixture.
- Grease or spray a 9x12 inch baking pan, fill pan with cake batter. Bake at 350 degrees until firm in the middle, about 40 minutes. Sifted powdered sugar may be dusted on top.
- This would also be good with a cream cheese frosting and chopped walnuts sprinkled on top.