Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
How to Make Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan. Set aside
- 2In large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- 3Add sugar, oil and eggs. Stir well.
- 4Add pineapple, carrots and walnuts and stir.
- 5Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or til toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- 6Use a 2 1/2 in round cookie cutter to cut cake, then cut each circle in half to create two circles of cake.
Put one circle into a mason jar, add a healthy squeeze of frosting, top with the other circle of cake and top with another squeeze of frosting. Put the lid on the jar.
- 7Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 stick butter
1 pkg. cream cheese, 8 oz
1 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. powdered sugar, sifted
Milk as needed, to thin
Cream together butter, cream cheese and vanilla in large bowl.
Beat in powdered sugar til well incorporated and smooth. Add milk if the frosting is too thick.