Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
·2 cups flour
·2 tsp. baking powder
·1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
·2 tsp. cinnamon
·1 tsp. salt
·2 cups sugar
·1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
·4 large eggs
·1 can crushed pineapple, drained, 8.5 oz
·2 cups carrots, grated
·1 cup walnuts, chopped
How to Make Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan. Set aside
- In large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- Add sugar, oil and eggs. Stir well.
- Add pineapple, carrots and walnuts and stir.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or til toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Use a 2 1/2 in round cookie cutter to cut cake, then cut each circle in half to create two circles of cake.
Put one circle into a mason jar, add a healthy squeeze of frosting, top with the other circle of cake and top with another squeeze of frosting. Put the lid on the jar.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 stick butter
1 pkg. cream cheese, 8 oz
1 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. powdered sugar, sifted
Milk as needed, to thin
Cream together butter, cream cheese and vanilla in large bowl.
Beat in powdered sugar til well incorporated and smooth. Add milk if the frosting is too thick.