Blue Ribbon Blueberry Coffee Cake
I have also used this batter to bake muffin. I entered the muffins in the County Fair and won the blue ribbon.
This is an excellent recipe that can be made the night before and baked the next morning.
How to Make Blue Ribbon Blueberry Coffee Cake
- 1In a mixing bowl beat egg and sugar until thick.
- 2In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3Alternately add flour and milk to egg mixture. Beat after each addition until blended.
- 4Stir in melted butter.
- 5Fold in blueberries.
- 6Pour batter into a greased and floured 8 inch square baking pan. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- 7Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 8Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Brush top with remaining butter.
Cool before cutting.
- 9*** NOTE *** When making muffins with this recipe I bake them about 18-20 minutes. Check oven to be sure that they spring back before removing.