Blondie's from The Fat Witch Bakery
whoever said blondes have more fun never spent an afternoon in a beauty salon with her hair wrap in foil while reading last year's issues of us weekly. These Blondie's already have highlights -- a hint of molasses and a smattering of chocolate. They taste like chocolate chip cookies baked in a pan. At the bakery, they are very popular and a lot of fun. We sell truckloads everyday.
·8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, one stick
·two large eggs
·1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
·1 tablespoon molasses
·2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
·1 1/4 cup unbleached flour
·1/2 teaspoon salt
·1/4 teaspoon baking soda
·2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
·1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, optional
How to Make Blondie's from The Fat Witch Bakery
- grease a 9 x 9" baking pan with butter. Dust with flour and Out the excess. Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cream the butter and eggs together. Beat in the sugar, molasses, and vanilla until well blended.
- Measure the flour, salt, and baking soda and then sift together into the butter mixture. Mix the batter gently until well combined and no trace of the dry ingredients remain. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand. If desired, stir in the pecans.
- Spread the batter evenly into prepared baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until the top is Golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean or with only a few crumbs, not batter on it.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for one hour.