☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 pkgunflavored gelatin
1/2 cnon-fat milk
16 ozcottage cheese, lowfat
1 tsporange peel, grated
3/4 cgraham cracker crumbs
2 Tbspbutter, melted
1 cfresh strawberry halves
1/4 craspberry preserves, seedless
How to Make Bless-Your-Heart Cheesecake
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over milk; set aside to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Place saucepan over very low heat; cook, stirring constantly until gelatin is completely dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes; remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In food processor fitted with metal blade or in blender, process cottage cheese, sugar, orange peel and salt until smooth.
- With processor running, slowly add gelatin mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a 9-inch (6 1/2-cup) heart-shaped baking pan or an 8 x 1 1/2-inch round baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over cheesecake mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, 2 to 3 hours.
- To unmold, using a metal spatula or knife, loosen edge around pan; quickly dip into warm water; unmold onto a serving platter.
- Arrange strawberries and raspberries in rows across cheesecake.
- In a small saucepan, heat raspberry preserves and water until melted; brush over berries.
- Refrigerate until preserves are cold, about 30 minutes.
- (If a round pan is used, arrange berries to resemble a heart.)