Blank Slate Cake
1 boxcake mix (any flavor)
1 ccake flour
1-2 tspextract (you can use any combination up to 2 t)
3whole eggs, or 4 egg whites
1+ cliquid (water, coffee, juice, etc)
1 csour cream or individul size yogurt (any flavor)
1 box(small) dry pudding mix* (any flavor) *optional
How to Make Blank Slate Cake
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray pan(s) with "non-stick spray with flour"
- Blend the sugar with the oil, eggs, liquid of choice, extract(s), and sour cream/yogurt.
- In a separate bowl, combine cake mix, cake flour, and pudding mix. Slowly add into the wet mixture. Beat well.
- Pour into prepared pan(s). (cupcake tins, 2 - 8" or 9" rounds, or 1 normal cake pan) Bake at 325. About 18-20 minutes for cupcakes. Start checking cake at about 45 minutes until center springs back when lightly touched or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
*Coffee is a very good flavor enhancer to chocolate. You can put in 1 C of coffee, or use 1 C of water & a T of instant coffee granuales in the mix.
*Be creative with your liquids. Juice, soda, coffee, melted juice concentrate, melted ice cream, flavored coffee creamers, margarita mix, etc)
*chocolate cakes may need more liquid, as they are a bit thicker
- Have fun! Share your great combinations in the comments!