- 1 stick
- (1/2 cup) unsalted butter(1/2 of the stick cut into bits and chilled)
- 1 c
- 1 c
- plus 1 tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 c
- self raising flour
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon (you can add a bit more if you like)
- 3 c
- fresh or frozen blackberries (i have used mixed berries or raspberries if you can not get enough blackberries)
How to Make Blackberry Cobbler
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a 10-inch glass pie plate or baking dish melt 1/2 stick uncut butter in oven.
- 2In a small saucepan combine water and 1 cup sugar and heat over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 3In a food processor pulse together flour and remaining 1/2 stick cut-up butter until mixture resembles fine meal. Add milk and pulse just until a dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and with a floured rolling pin roll into an 11- by 9-inch rectangle. (don't worry too much about neatness as it will not matter in the end anyway)
- 4Sprinkle dough with cinnamon and scatter 1/2 blackberries evenly over top. Beginning with a long side roll up dough jelly-roll fashion and cut into 1 1/2-inch thick slices. (Slices will come apart and be messy). Arrange slices, cut sides up, on melted butter in pie plate or baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of the berries over the swirls of pastry. Pour sugar syrup over slices, soaking dough, and bake «cobbler» in oven 45 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over cobbler and bake 15 minutes more, or until golden.
- 5Serve cobbler warm with ice cream or whipped vanilla cream.