Black Walnut Pound Cake
1/2 lbbutter, softened
1/2 tspbaking powder
3 call purpose flour
2 tsppure vanilla extract
3/4 cblack walnuts, chopped
How to Make Black Walnut Pound Cake
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, Crisco and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat with mixer after each addition.
- Add salt, baking powder, and flour which you have whisked together in another bowl. Beat with mixer until blended well.
- Add water, cream, and vanilla. Mix well to blend together.
- Fold in walnuts. (I like to have them mixed with a little flour). Pour in a greased and floured tube pan.
- Place in a COLD oven. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 45 minutes.