- 1 pkg
- devill's foof cake mix ( 2 layers )
- 1 c
- boiling water
- 1--3 ozs. pkg
- jell-o cherry flavored gelatin
- 1/4 c
- cold water
- 2/3 c
- sour cream
- 2/3 c
- powdered sugar
- 1----8 oz
- cool whip ( whipped topping thawed )
- 1/3 c
- drained maraschino cherries, divided
- 1/4 c
- chocolate fudge topping ( drizzle over top)
BAKE AT 350 DEGREES FOR 25 TO 30 MINS.-- OVENS CAN VARY
How to Make Black Forest Delight
- 1Prepare cake batter and pour into greased & flour cake pans ( 2-9 inch) layer round pans. ) Bake as directed on package. Loosen cakes from sides of pans with knife; cool in pans for 15 mins.
- 2Add boiling water to gelatin mix; Stir 2 mins until dissolved. Stir in cold water. Pierce cake with large fork at 1/2 inch intervals. Pour half of the gelatin over each cake layer while still in the pans. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- 3Mix sour cream and sugar in medium bowl. Gently fold in cool whip.Dip bottom of i cake pan in warm water for 10 seconds to loosen; invert cake onto plate carefully remove pan. spread cake with 1 cup of cool whip mixture.
- 4chop 1/2 of the cherries and sprinkle over cake that has the cool whip on it Remove remaining cake layer from pan; place on the first layer Frost top and sides with remaining cool whip
- 5Drizzle chocolate over top of cake in pretty directions. Garnish with the reserved cherries. Store in refrigerator.
- 6I drain my cherries on a paper towel while I am making the cake. You can also melt a square of semi-sweet chocolate bar instead of the chocolate fudge syrup. It's you choice!