Black Forest Cake
- 1 box
- cake mix, devils food with pudding, cooked following directions on the box
- 1 pt
- heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- powered sugar
- 1 can(s)
- cherry pie filling (i use comstock)
- 1/2 tsp
- almond extract or 2 tbs. ameretta
- 2 Tbsp
- slivered almonds
How to Make Black Forest Cake
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees for metal pans or 325 degrees for nonstick or dark coated pans. Spray bottoms and sides of 2 (8 or 9 ") round cake pans with Pam with flour Spray.
- 2Make and bake cake as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Cool for about an hour.
- 3In a medium bowl, beat cream with electric mixer on high speed until slightly thickened. Gradually beat in powered sugar until stiff peaks form. In another small bowl, mix pie filling and almond extract.
- 4On serving plate, place one cake layer, bottom side up. Spread with half of the w hipped topping, then one cup of cherry pie mixture to within one inch of edge. Top with second layer, rounded side up. Frost top with remaining whipped topping. Spoon remaining cherry mixture over top. Sprinkle with slivered almonds. Store covered in refrigerator.