How to Make Birthday Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour pans and set aside. You can make 3-8" layers or 2-9" layers or 1 -9 x 13.
- 2Mix sugar & crisco, add eggs 1 at a time mixing after each egg.
- 3Dissolve the baking soda in the 1/2 cup warm water.
- 4Sift flour into the mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Add vanilla, mix in the water with soda dissolved in it last.
- 5Makes 3-8" layers, 2-9" layers or 1- 9" x 13". Bake 350 for 35-45 minutes. You can make chocolate by adding 3 tsp. cocoa to the soda & water.