big blue cupcakes
- 3 cups all-purpose soft wheat flour or all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- two large eggs
- 2 cups blueberry preserves, divided
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- paper baking cups
- vegetable cooking spray
- one recipe fresh whipped cream, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoon sugar
How to Make big blue cupcakes
- 1preheat oven to 350. Mix first four ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Stir together milk, oil, eggs, and 1/2 cup blueberry preserves in another bowl. Add to well in dry mixture, stirring just until moistened. Fold in 2 cups blueberries.
- 2Place paper baking cups into muffin pans, 12 cups each and coat with cooking spray. Spoon batter into cups, and filling two thirds full. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Insert the end of a wooden spoon or dowel into the center of each cooled cupcakes to make the hole. Fill a zip top plastic freezer bag with remaining preserves. Snip about 1/4 inch from one corner of bag. Squeeze about 1 tablespoon of filling into the hole of each cupcake. Pipe 2 tablespoons fresh whipped cream onto each cupcake using a piping bag and metal tip number 12 or a zip top plastic freezer bag with one corner snipped off.
- 3Toss together remaining 1 cup blueberries and 2 tablespoon sugar. Top each cupcake with sugared blueberries just before serving.
- 4Fresh whipped cream
1 1/2 cups whipping cream, chilled
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup powdered sugar
beat whipping cream at high speed with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add vanilla and sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Store in refrigerator until ready to use. Makes 3 cups