Bevs Decorator Frosting
- 1 c
- solid shortning room temperature
- 1 tsp
- clear vanilla or almond extract
- 2 large
- egg whtes
- 1/4 c
- cold water divided in half
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 lb
- powder sugar
- Assorted bottle
- wiltons paste color for frosting
How to Make Bevs Decorator Frosting
- 1Place shortening in large mixing bowel. Add Clear vanilla, Egg whites, Salt and 1/2 the water.
- 2Mix on high speed till liquids are well incorporated and mixture is smooth.
- 3Turn Mixer to low and begin adding powder sugar in three three stages, Mixing well between each addition. ( If sugar is added all at once it puts to much strain on mixer and will not incorporate well)
- 4When Mixture is very smooth test it for consistency. It should be thick and hold its shape for piping boarders and flowers. Remove desired amount for decorating and very slowly add remaining water a few drops at a time mixing well in between each addition till you reach your desired consistency for icing your cake.
- 5Frost cake beginning with bottom layer. Place in center of Cake round or serving plate. Ice the top of the bottom layer overlapping edges slightly. Add the second layer. Ice the sides first all the way around then the top, Smoothing sides and top with spatula dipped in hot water. Careful not to get icing wet.
- 6Set cake aside while you mix your colors for decorating. You can add reserved frosting with remainder of frosting used for icing cake and mix very well. Separate icing into separate bowels and use Wilton paste color to color the frosting. Use very small amount of color at a time, What will fit on tip of tooth pick. Mix well. Decorate cake beginning with boarders then flowers.