Better Than Anything Cake
Angela (Grammy) Derby
1 boxgerman chocolate, devil's food or yellow cake mix (baked according to box directions)
1 (14oz) can(s)sweetened condensed milk
1 (8oz.) jar(s)caramel topping, room temperature
1 (3 oz) pkginstant vanilla pudding
1/4 cconfectioners' sugar
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 ccold milk
1 (8oz.)container of whipped topping
How to Make Better Than Anything Cake
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make and bake cake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Cool 15 minutes.
- Poke top of warm cake every 1/2 inch with handle end of wooden spoon. (If cake sticks a bit, just clean off the handle and continue.)
- Drizzle condensed milk evenly over top of cake; let stand until milk has been absorbed into cake.
- Drizzle with 3/4 of the caramel topping. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight for best results.
- Mix dry instant vanilla pudding, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread topping mixture over top of cake. Sprinkle with toffee bits, and drizzle with the rest of the caramel topping. Keep refrigerated.