Better Than Anything Cake
Angela (Grammy) Derby
- 1 box
- german chocolate, devil's food or yellow cake mix (baked according to box directions)
- 1 (14oz) can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8oz.) jar(s)
- caramel topping, room temperature
- 1 (3 oz) pkg
- instant vanilla pudding
- 1/4 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- cold milk
- 1 (8oz.)
- container of whipped topping
How to Make Better Than Anything Cake
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make and bake cake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Cool 15 minutes.
- 2Poke top of warm cake every 1/2 inch with handle end of wooden spoon. (If cake sticks a bit, just clean off the handle and continue.)
- 3Drizzle condensed milk evenly over top of cake; let stand until milk has been absorbed into cake.
- 4Drizzle with 3/4 of the caramel topping. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake.
- 5Cover and refrigerate overnight for best results.
- 6Mix dry instant vanilla pudding, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- 7Spread topping mixture over top of cake. Sprinkle with toffee bits, and drizzle with the rest of the caramel topping. Keep refrigerated.