Best Pound Cake Ever... Seriously!
3/4 lbbutter, room temperature
2 1/2 csugar
6eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 tspvanilla
3 tspbaking powder
3 call-purpose flour
3/4 cmilk, room temperature
How to Make Best Pound Cake Ever... Seriously!
- In a standing mixer, beat the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla.
- In a bowl, combine the salt, baking powder, and flour.
- Add the flour mixture and milk, alternately.
- Beat for 20 minutes. (Note: I have only beaten for another 5-10 minutes and it's fine.)
- Place batter in a greased and floured tube pan.
- Place in cold oven and set temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven very carefully and place it carefully where it can cool. You want to prevent it from dropping.