Best Ever Apple Cake
2 1/2 lbgranny smith apples (4 large)
1 1/2 cchopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 cbutter, melted
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Best Ever Apple Cake
- Cut apples into 1/4 " wedges. Set aside.
- Stir butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add sifted flour, cinnamon, baking soda & salt.
- Add apples & nuts. The easiest way to combine is to mix with your hands.
- Put batter in a greased & floured 13 x 9 pan. Press to edges. ** Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- ** You can put a crumb topping on cake, if desired.
2/3 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 6 TBSP softened butter ~ Mix till crumbly. Spread over cake.
You can also put buttercream icing on the cake, after it cools ~~ we tried this, but thought it made the cake a bit too sweet.
- I've also cut the apples, the day before I bake the cake. Put them in a bowl .... Sprinkle with Sugar & Cinnamon .. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Drain, before adding to cake.