Best Coconut Cake Ever
1 pkg(18.25 oz) white cake mix
1 can(s)(14 oz) cream of coconut (not coconut milk)
1 can(s)sweetened condensed milk
1 can(s)fluffy white frosting
1 pkg(8 oz) shredded coconut
How to Make Best Coconut Cake Ever
- Prepare and bake white cake mix according to package directions. Bake in a 9 x 13 cake pan.
- Remove cake from oven. While still hot, using a utility fork or handle of wooden spoon, poke holes (@ 2-inches apart) all over the top of the cake.
- Mix cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk together. You may need to microwave the mixture for a few seconds if it is real thick.
- Slowly pour milk mixture into each hole in the cake while the cake is still hot. Let the liquid soak in and continue re-filling the holes until you have used @ 2/3 of the mixture. (Since I usually bake this cake in a 9 x 13 cake pan, I don't use all of the milk mixture because it makes the cake too moist.)
- Let cake cool completely then cover with the frosting and top with the shredded coconut.
- Keep cake refrigerated.