Best Banana Cake Ever
2 1/2 csugar
1 csour cream
2 tspbaking soda
6ripe bananas, mashed (2 1/2 cups)
6 cpowdered sugar
1/2 ccocoa powder, unsweetened
1/2 cbutter, softened
1/2 cbrewed, strong black coffee
How to Make Best Banana Cake Ever
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 1/2 sheet pan, or 3-9in rounds, or a 11X9 AND a 9x9. You can do two 9X11's but they arn't as high a cake. Any size is fine just fill 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Cream together the sugar and butter. It will be dry and crumbly. Add the eggs and beat well. Mix in the sour cream and vanilla.
- In a separae bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking soda. Add to the creamed mixture and beat well. Add the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Divide into pans, or all into a 1/2 sheet pan. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Adjust for pan sizes, a 1/2 sheet pan will take 45-min to an hour.
- Cool a few minutes and remove from pan if desired, or just cool in the pan then only frost the top.
- If removing, finish cooling on a wire rack. Note this cake freezes very well. So if you want you could freeze some for later.
- Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa together into a large bowl. Add the softened butter and mix on low speed until they are incorporated. Add the coffee and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- If it is too thick or you don't like coffee in your frosting use milk instead and use milk to thin if you don't like the thickness.
- I did find that the two 9X13' baked a bit better. With the 1/2 sheet the middle fell a bit.
I also tried a cream cheese frosting with this cake and it was yummy too.