★★★☆☆ 2 votes3
- 1 c
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- heaping baking-powder
- 1 peace of butter size of a egg
- flour sufficient to make a stiff batter
- berries ,no juice
How to Make Berry Tea Cake
- 1nice little tea cakes to be baked.in muffin-rings are made of one cup of sugar,two eggs,one and a half cups of milk,one heaping teaspoonful of baking-powder,a pice of butter the size of an egg and flour sufficient to make a stiff batter.
- 2in this batter stir a pint bowl of fruit-any fresh are nice-or canned berries with the juice poured off.
- 3serve while warm and they are a dainty addition to the tea-table.eaten with butter.
- 4ok this is the complete recipe that is in the book.
i did type it as it is in the recipe book. in the old wood cook stove's i think this would cooked in a oven that would be of moderate temp. so in our ovens to day would be about 350*
sounds like this would taste good. Doris