Beautiful Chocolate Butter Cake
- 1/2 c
- plus 3 tablespoons dutch processed cocoa
- 1 c
- boiling water
- 3 large
- 2 1/4 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c
- plus 2 tablespoons sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 3/4 tsp
- 1 c
- unsalted butter
How to Make Beautiful Chocolate Butter Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease & flour either 2- 9inch round cake pans or a 13x9 or I used a 3 qt. baking dish in this picture and set aside. In a medium bowl whisk together the cocoa and boiling water until smooth. Cool this mixture to room temperature.
- 2In another bowl lightly combine the eggs, 1/4 of the cocoa mixture, and vanilla. In a large mixing bowl combine the remaining dry ingredients and mix on low speed for about 30 seconds until combined. Add the butter and remaining cocoa mixture.
- 3Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened. Increase to medium speed and beat 1 1/2 minutes to develop cakes structure. Scrape the sides, then add the egg mixture in 3 batches, beat 20 seconds after each addition to mix ingredients together. Scrape down the sides again.
- 4Scrape batter into prepared pans, pan or dish and smooth the surface evenly with a spatula. The pan will be 1/2 full. Bake 25-35 minutes or until cake tests done in center with a toothpick. Let cake cool 10 minutes in pan. Then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost or leave plain.