Basic Yellow Cake
1 boxjello or instant pudding, your choice of flavor, opt.
1 1/2 cmilk or buttermilk
3 call purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 tspvanilla, or flavoring of your choice
How to Make Basic Yellow Cake
- In a large bowl sift together flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- Add flavoring to milk and set aside.
- Cream together shortening, butter, sugar and your choice of jello or pudding mix until light and fluffy about 5 minutes.
- With mixer on low add eggs one at a time mixing well after each one.
- With mixer still on low alternate flour mixture and milk mixture beginning and ending with flour mixture. Dont over mix!
- Pour into 2-3 prepared 8 or 9 inch pans or cupcake liners filling them only half way.
- Bake in a 325 degreese oven until toothpick is inserted and comes out with moist crumbs.