Basic melt in your mouth Chocolate Cake
1 boxcake mix, devils food
1 call purpose flour
1/2 ccocoa powder, unsweetened
1 1/2 csugar
2 ccool coffee
1 csour cream
1/4 cvegtable oil
1 tsppure vanilla extract
4 largeegg whites
How to Make Basic melt in your mouth Chocolate Cake
- In a mixing bowl mix together the cake mix, flour, cocoa, sugar and salt
- Once those ingredients seem mixed well add the coffee, oil, sour cream and vanilla. Meanwhile scrapping the sides to make sure everything is mixed well.
- In a separate bowl place your egg whites and with clean beaters beat them into a meringue with stiff peaks
- Slowly and carefully incorporate the meringue into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour cake mixture into a prepared 9x13 this will be a thick cake and will bake around 40 minutes at 350
check with a tooth pick. This cake mix is large enough you can use a bigger sheet pan if you have one available .
- If you choose 3 round cake pans the baking time is usually around 20-25 minutes. Cupcakes around 13-15 minutes
- cooking times are approximate so just watch your cake and test with a tooth pick