- 2 c
- almond flour/meal or crushed pecan sandies or graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- sugar (omit if using cookie crumbs)
- 5 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 24 oz
- cream cheese, room temp
- 3/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 large
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 c
- sour cream
- 3/4 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Basic Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Brush butter on bottom and sides of 9" springform pan. Mix dry ingredients for crust; then stir in butter. Press into bottom of pan. Place a cookie sheet covered with foil on the rack below the cheesecake (will catch any butter that drips out of springform). Bake 12 minutes; then remove to wire rack to cool. Turn oven down to 275 deg F.
- 2Beat cream cheese until creamy. Add sugar, cornstarch and salt and mix well on low speed.
- 3Add eggs and vanilla and beat in on low-medium speed. Add sour cream and beat in on low speed until creamy. Pour into cooled crust.
- 4Bake at 275 deg F for one hour. Turn off oven, *DO NOT* open oven door, and let sit for about 35 minutes. Open the door (careful not to burn yourself) and give the cheesecake pan a little jiggle. Cheesecake should still wiggle in the middle but be more solid as you move towards the edge. Remove to rack to cool.
- 5Cool for about 10 minutes; then take a sharp knife and run it carefully around the inner edge of the pan. Continue cooling to room temperate; then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 6Remove sides. Carefully insert knife or narrows spatula between the crust and the bottom of the pan. Do this all the way around and it should release so the cake will slide onto a plate. Cover and refrigerate.
- 7NOTE: This can also be done in an 8" springform by reducing the crust to 1 1/2 cups crumbs, 3Tbs sugar and 3 3/4 Tbs butter. Bake 8" for 70 minutes and let sit in oven for 35 minutes. Continue as normal.
- 8LOW CARB VERSION: Use almond meal/flour for crust and omit the cornstarch.