Basic Cake Pops
- 1 pkg
- cake mix, any flavor
- 1/2 - 3/4 c
- store bought or homemade frosting
- 1 pkg
- melting waffers or almond bark candy coating
- decorations of your choice
- lollipop sticks
- foam board (they use these usually for sticking fake flowers in)
- wax paper or something to cover foam board
How to Make Basic Cake Pops
- 1Make and bake cake according to directions. Let cool completley.
- 2Crumble cake in large bowl and add frosting.
- 3Smoosh (I like this word :) )together until mixture is like a truffle center.
- 4Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- 5Pich off pieces of a opiece of mixture and roll into a 1 inch ball or so. ( I use a small ice cream scooper or cookie scooper, with a clicker for this part)
- 6After you make the cake balls (should have around three dozen). Place them in the fridge for an hour or more. (They need to be cold when it is time to dip them)
- 7Melt waffers or bark.
- 8Take a lollipop stick, stick it in the coating about a half inch to an inch. Stick it in a cake ball on the flat side. (flat side is where cake ball was resting as it was getting cold).
- 9set cake ball with lollipop stick back on sheet, stick up. (cake ball wont smash down.
- 10After all cake balls are stuck with sticks you can begin the massive dipping of cake pops. :)
- 11Take cake pop by lollipop stick and dip the whole cake pop at the end of the lollipop stick in the coating.
- 12Tap cake pop lightly to get excess coating off. (otherwise it will drip down the stick...big mess)
- 13Take cake pop and stick lollipop stick down in foam lined with wax paper, or what ever you choose to use.
- 14Let cake pop semi dry a tad before you add decorations, otherwise they will slide right off. Dont wait to long, or the decorations won't stick.
- 15Ta-Da! Pat yourself on the back and tell yourself great job!