Banana Walnut Crunch Bundt cake
- 1 1/4 c
- chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine, melted
- 1 pkg
- boxed yellow cake mix (about 18.25 ounces)
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- large whole eggs
- overripe medium to large mashed bananas
- 3/4 c
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
How to Make Banana Walnut Crunch Bundt cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray bundt cake pan with cooking spray. You could probably use a regular cake pan if you wanted but I've never tried.
- 2In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of the chopped walnuts, the brown sugar, and the melted butter together and stir well. Pour walnut mixture into the bottom of the pan and spread evenly.
- 3In a larger bowl, combine cake mix, remaining walnuts, and cinnamon. Add eggs, mashed bananas, water, and oil. Mix 2 minutes or until well blended and pour into pan on top of nut mixture.
- 4Bake for about an hour. Depending on the size of the bananas, cooking time varies a little. Remove from the pan when a cake tester (or butter knife) comes out clean. Immediately flip pan onto a cooling rack or cookie sheet and scoop out what of the nut mixture didn't come out. Nut mixture is extremely hot so be careful and put it on top of cake. Let cool, slice, and enjoy!