Banana Squares - Gluten Free included
2/3 cbutter or shortening (we recommend butter)
1 1/2 csugar
2 largeeggs, separated
1 cmashed ripe bananas (2 large or 3 medium
1 1/2 call purpose flour (we use jules all purpose gluten free flour)
1 tspbaking soda
1/4 cmilk with 1 tsp. of cider vinegar added
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cchopped walnuts
How to Make Banana Squares - Gluten Free included
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Separate eggs and beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, set aside. In a large mixing bowl, creams shortening or butter with sugar. Beat in egg yolks, mix well, add bananas, mix well again.
- In a separate bowl mix flour and baking soda together, then add it to the creamed banana mixture alternately with the milk until all is mixed in.
- Add vanilla then fold in egg whites and chopped nuts.
- Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes
- Cool in pan on cooling rack.
- Frost with your favorite butter cream vanilla or cream cheese frosting and top with extra chopped walnuts if desired.