Banana Split Triffle
**I use a little fruit fresh on the bananas to help w/ browning.
You can probaly use cool whip instead of making your own but I find that it doesn't hold up as well
- 1 box
- duncan hines french vanilla cake mix
- 1 pkg
- instant cream cheese pudding or french vanilla
- 1 c
- 1 pkg
- (80z) cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream, whipped
- bananas sliced
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
- 1 jar(s)
- chocolate fudge topping
- 1 can(s)
- cherry pie filling
How to Make Banana Split Triffle
- 1Prepare cake according to pkg. directions and bake in a 9x13 pan. Let cool completely. Cut 3/4 of the cake into 1-in cubes. ( save for another dessert or just eat it, can't let cake go to waste)
- 2In large bowl, beat together pudding mix and milk until thick and creamy.
- 3In separate bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth( I find this helps avoids lumps)
- 4Add cream chesse to pudding mixture.Beat until creamy. Fold in half of the whipped cream.
- 5In large triffle or glass bowl, layer 1/3 of the cake cubes,1/3 of the cream chesse mixture, 1/3 of the banana slices and 1/3 of the pecans.
- 6Repeat cake and cream chesse layers and top with half of cherry pie filling. Top pie filling with 1/3 bananas, 1/3 pecans and 1/3 fudge topping.
- 7Repeat step 4. Top with remaining whipped cream: drizzle w remaining hot fudge ( warm in the microwave for a few seconds) and sprinkle w additional pecans and marachino cheeries.
- 8Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.