Banana Split Triffle
**I use a little fruit fresh on the bananas to help w/ browning.
You can probaly use cool whip instead of making your own but I find that it doesn't hold up as well
1 boxduncan hines french vanilla cake mix
1 pkginstant cream cheese pudding or french vanilla
1 pkg(80z) cream cheese softened
1 1/2 cheavy cream, whipped
1 cchopped pecans
1 jar(s)chocolate fudge topping
1 can(s)cherry pie filling
How to Make Banana Split Triffle
- Prepare cake according to pkg. directions and bake in a 9x13 pan. Let cool completely. Cut 3/4 of the cake into 1-in cubes. ( save for another dessert or just eat it, can't let cake go to waste)
- In large bowl, beat together pudding mix and milk until thick and creamy.
- In separate bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth( I find this helps avoids lumps)
- Add cream chesse to pudding mixture.Beat until creamy. Fold in half of the whipped cream.
- In large triffle or glass bowl, layer 1/3 of the cake cubes,1/3 of the cream chesse mixture, 1/3 of the banana slices and 1/3 of the pecans.
- Repeat cake and cream chesse layers and top with half of cherry pie filling. Top pie filling with 1/3 bananas, 1/3 pecans and 1/3 fudge topping.
- Repeat step 4. Top with remaining whipped cream: drizzle w remaining hot fudge ( warm in the microwave for a few seconds) and sprinkle w additional pecans and marachino cheeries.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.