Banana Split Ice Box Cake
- 16 oz
- whipped cream topping, thawed
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- 1 pkg
- 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can(s)
- 8 oz crushed pineapple, drained
- whole graham crackers
- 2 medium
- bananas, sliced (rounds)
- chocolate syrup
- 1 pt
- halved fresh strawberries
- additional banana slices
- 1/2 small
- jar walnuts in syrup (optional)
How to Make Banana Split Ice Box Cake
- 1In a large bowl, mix first 3 ingredients until blended; then fold in pineapple. Fill a pastry bag (or plastic Ziploc bag) with mixture and cut small hole in corner.
- 2On a flat serving plate, arrange four crackers in a rectangle. Pipe about 1 cup of mixture over crackers; top with 1/4 cup of banana slices. Repeat layers 5 times. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or all day).
- 3Before serving, top strawberries and banana slices (and walnuts if you prefer); and drizzle with chocolate syrup. It tastes just like a banana split!
- 4COMMENT: This is a VERY sweet dessert, so watch your portion sizes...even though you may be tempted to grab a large piece! I hope you enjoy.
Another Option: Experiment by adding Blueberries to the topping (instead of bananas on the top layer)!