Banana Split Cake
I made this cake in the picture in a 10 X 15 pan with two cake mixes, 1 1/2 jars of each topping.... You could also make it in a jelly roll pan, it will serve more and be thinner.
1 boxbanana, yellow, or white cake mix
·the ingredients to make the cake mix
1 jar(s)pineapple ice cream topping
1 jar(s)strawberry ice cream topping
1 smallpackage of chopped nuts, your choice
1 pkg16 ounces lite cool whip
1 jar(s)marachino cherries
1 bottlesmall amount of chocolate syrup to drizzle on top
How to Make Banana Split Cake
- Smash three bananas, add to cake mix and make according to the directions on the box.
- Cut the cake so that you have two layers. On the bottom layer, cut side up. Take a jar of pineapple ice cream topping and spread on the cake. Slice the remaining 2 bananas and place on top of the pineapple.
- Now top the cake with the top of the second layer. Take a fork and carefully poke holes in the top and pour the strawberry ice cream topping on it.
- Frost with the cool whip and garnish with cherries, chopped nuts, and drizzle with a small amount of chocolate syrup. (Remember chocolate syrup will run, so put off this part till you really need it)
- ~*~*~* NOTE if you use two mixes you won't need to cut the cake into two layers. You just put them in two pans and bake or make them one at a time~*~*~*
you would also need 5 bananas per cake mix