Banana Split Bread
·1 box banana quick bread
·1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained well and reserve the juice
·2 large eggs
·3 tablespoons vegetable oil
·1/3 c chopped maraschino cherries
·1/3 c milk chocolate chips
·1/3 c chopped walnuts or pecans
·3 medium bananas mashed
·1 can creamy vanilla frosting
·few drops banana extract
·few drops maraschino cherry juice
How to Make Banana Split Bread
- Take reserved pineapple juice and add water to make 3/4 of a cup of liquid.
- By hand, stir together bread mix, eggs, oil, pineapple, mashed bananas, cherries, chocolate chips, walnuts and reserved pineapple juice until moistend well.
- Spray just the bottom of an 8 x 4 or 9 x 5-inch loaf/bread pan with flour no-stick spray.
- Bake in oven that has been preheated to 375 degree for 40 to 55 minutes or until toothpick put in center of bread comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan on wire rack for about 15 minutes then remove from pan. Cool completely.
- Combine glaze ingredients and mix stir till well blended. Drizzle over top of bread.
- Enjoy this wonderful bread for breakfast, as a snack, or wrap it up pretty and give as gifts for thanksgiving and christmas like i do : )