Banana Rum Cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 100 g
- golden raisins, about 2/3 cup
- 1/3 c
- 175 g
- flour, about 1 1/3 cups
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 125 g
- unsalted butter, melted? (4 1/2 ounces - that's a bit more than a stick of butter)
- 150 g
- sugar, that's a scant 1/2 cup
- small, very ripe bananas (about 340g weighed without skin), smashed?
- 1/2 c
- pecans, chopped - or more if you like
How to Make Banana Rum Cake
- 1Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Put the golden raisins to soak in the rum.
Grease and flour two small bundt pans. If you don't have such a thing, I think that doing just one big bundt pan will work.
- 2Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and sugar.
Beat in the eggs. Then stir in the smashed bananas.
Add the dry ingredients and stir well, but not furiously.
Then stir in the pecans, raisins and rum.
Spoon into the bundt pans and bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes. When they're ready, an inserted toothpick or fine skewer should come out clean.
- 3I think a good addition to this cake would be a simple syrup poured over it. Perhaps in the microwave heat up 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons rum. Poke little holes in the cake, then slowly spoon the syrup all over the cake.