★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 boxyellow cake mix
·ingredients to make cake(eggs, oil & water)
2(3.4oz) pkginstant banana pudding
8 ozfrozen whipped topping
20vanilla wafers, crushed
How to Make Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 9x13 cake
- Once cake comes out of oven, allow it to cool for just a couple of minutes, then with a wooden spoon handle, begin poking holes in cake.
- You want holes to be big so that the pudding has plenty of room to get down in there. Be sure to poke right down to the bottom of the cake
- In a bowl, whisk together the instant pudding mix and the 4 cups of milk. Stir until all the lumps are gone
- Pour the pudding over the cake. Taking care to pour it right down into the holes as much as possible. Spread it all out and using the back of the spoon, gently push pudding down into the holes
- Put the cake into the fridge to set and cool for about 2 hours.
- Once cake has cooled completely, spread on whipped topping.
- Spread the crushed wafers on top, you want to do this right before serving to ensure they will be crunchy.
- Serve with freshly sliced bananas. Keep refrigerated