Banana nut pound cake
I made this cake again tonight and added a cup of chunky peanut butter in place of the pecans. I had to bake it about 10 minutes longer than before. The picture with the icing is the cake I made tonight.
How to Make Banana nut pound cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- 2Cream butter / margarine add sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 3add eggs and beat for one minute with mixer on low speed.
- 4add flour and mix well.
- 5fold in bananas, instant pudding mix and nuts.
- 6stir with a large spoon until well mixed.
- 7pour mixture into a well greased large tube cake pan. I use spray like Pam to grease pan.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes. Adjust cooking time according to your oven, but be sure cake is done. A steak or paring knife stuck in middle of cake should come out clean.
- 9Let cake cool after baking, run a knife around inside and outside edges and remove cake from outside shell. Run knife under cake and turn out onto cake plate.
- 10Prepare Caramel Icing while cake is cooking.
2 tablespoons of margarine
1 cup of brown sugar (packed)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon pure or 1 tablespoon imitation vanilla flavoring
1 and 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
Melt butter and brown sugar in a small sauce pan until sugar is dissolved. Add milk and salt, cook for 3 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from burner and allow to cool. add vanilla and powdered sugar and beat for two minutes with mixer on low speed. Allow caramel icing to cool in refrigerator until it stiffens up somewhat.
Ice cake after it has cooled down.