Banana nut pound cake
I made this cake again tonight and added a cup of chunky peanut butter in place of the pecans. I had to bake it about 10 minutes longer than before. The picture with the icing is the cake I made tonight.
How to Make Banana nut pound cake
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Cream butter / margarine add sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- add eggs and beat for one minute with mixer on low speed.
- add flour and mix well.
- fold in bananas, instant pudding mix and nuts.
- stir with a large spoon until well mixed.
- pour mixture into a well greased large tube cake pan. I use spray like Pam to grease pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes. Adjust cooking time according to your oven, but be sure cake is done. A steak or paring knife stuck in middle of cake should come out clean.
- Let cake cool after baking, run a knife around inside and outside edges and remove cake from outside shell. Run knife under cake and turn out onto cake plate.
- Prepare Caramel Icing while cake is cooking.
2 tablespoons of margarine
1 cup of brown sugar (packed)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon pure or 1 tablespoon imitation vanilla flavoring
1 and 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
Melt butter and brown sugar in a small sauce pan until sugar is dissolved. Add milk and salt, cook for 3 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from burner and allow to cool. add vanilla and powdered sugar and beat for two minutes with mixer on low speed. Allow caramel icing to cool in refrigerator until it stiffens up somewhat.
Ice cake after it has cooled down.